Baby Romaine, Chickpea, and Root Vegetable Salad with Slightly Spicy Dressing
Different colored radishes and carrots make this salad a riot of color and texture.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 People
For the Salad
- 8 cups or so baby romaine lettuce or other tender baby lettuces
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4 scallions trimmed and sliced
- 2 medium carrots any color, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 radishes any color, trimmed and sliced
For the Slightly Spicy Dressing
- 1 teaspoon sambal oloek Indonesian fresh chili paste; you can use another chili paste or hot sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup olive or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Kosher or coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a large bowl toss together the lettuce, chickpeas, scallions, carrots and radishes.
In a small container add the sambal oloek, honey, oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Cover and shake to mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat the salad with the dressing.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 13431IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 4mg