A burger with personality.
- 2 pounds ground chuck 80/20
- 2 tablespoons chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon jarred horseradish squeezed well to remove excess liquid
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Sliced or crumbled cheese if desired
- 6 split burger buns
- Ketchup, mustard, chili sauce
Form the patties: Place the chile sauce, shallot, parsley, horseradish, mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the meat. Use your hands to lightly but thoroughly mix the seasonings into the meat. Divide the beef into 6 or 8 even portions, and use your hands to form even, round patties, about 3/4-inch thick. Use your fingers to press a small indentation into the middle of each patty.
Make the burgers: Place the patties on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until they are cooked to your liking. During the past minute of cooking place the cheese over the burgers, if desired. Also place the buns on the grill and let them toast lightly, if desired.
Place a burger on the bottom of each bun, and top as desired. Place the bun top over the burger and serve.
Calories: 3134kcal | Carbohydrates: 147g | Protein: 185g | Fat: 194g | Saturated Fat: 72g | Cholesterol: 644mg | Sodium: 4867mg | Potassium: 3055mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 1860IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 652mg | Iron: 29mg