Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Pork Loin
Crock pot + pork loin worked out pretty darn well.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 10 Servings
For the Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard mustard
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Kosher or coarse salt to taste
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
For the Pork
- 1 3-pound pork loin brined (see Notes), and cut into 4 pieces
- 2 large carrots thinly sliced
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 6 to 8 hamburger rolls to serve
- Salsa of your choice to serve, I used Tropical Fruit Salsa
In a medium saucepan, combine the ketchup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, onion powder, chili powder, pepper, salt, cloves, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring frequently, so the flavors meld nicely.
Place the pork in the slow cooker, and add the carrots, onion and garlic, then pour in 1 ½ cups of the sauce and stir to combine. Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
Take two forks and use them to pull apart the meat right in the cooking liquid. This should be very, very easy. Toss the meat so it gets well coated with the sauce and juices. Remove it with a slotted spoon.
Pile the meat on the buns and serve with additional sauce and the salsa of your choice.
Calories: 351.77kcal | Carbohydrates: 36.02g | Protein: 34.12g | Fat: 6.92g | Saturated Fat: 1.98g | Cholesterol: 85.73mg | Sodium: 664.11mg | Potassium: 788.7mg | Fiber: 1.43g | Sugar: 20.45g | Vitamin A: 2343.67IU | Vitamin C: 4.61mg | Calcium: 76.29mg | Iron: 2.14mg