Spinach, Bacon and Blue Cheese Salad
A classic salad, and absolutely irresistible with nuggets of bacon and blue cheese, and bits of slivered onion, tucked into the pile of baby spinach.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 People
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons warmed bacon fat reserved from cooking the bacon, optional
- 8 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup halved and thinly sliced red onion
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup bacon lardons or crumbled cooked bacon
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk in the bacon fat, if using.
Add the spinach and red onion, and toss to coat with the dressing. Distribute over the blue cheese and bacon and gently toss again, or serve as is and toss at the table.
Calories: 388.75kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.82g | Protein: 20.3g | Fat: 31.58g | Saturated Fat: 12.62g | Cholesterol: 64.96mg | Sodium: 1340.3mg | Potassium: 436.57mg | Fiber: 1.79g | Sugar: 4.15g | Vitamin A: 5842.51IU | Vitamin C: 18.34mg | Calcium: 213.69mg | Iron: 1.9mg