Mixed Greens Salad with Pears and Balsamic Dressing
This is a super-simple gorgeous salad recipe that features fresh pears and dried apricots - perfect for a fall or holiday meal.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 6 People
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 small head green lettuce or escarole
- 1 large or 2 smalls heads frisée lettuce
- 1 head fennel quartered, cored, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 pear quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- ½ cup diced dried apricots
In a large bowl combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, orange juice, mustard and salt and pepper.
Slice or tear the green lettuce and frisée into bite sized pieces. Place them in the bowl with the fennel. Toss to combine. Add the pears and apricots and toss again.
Calories: 142.29kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.11g | Protein: 2.54g | Fat: 7.46g | Saturated Fat: 1.02g | Sodium: 75.75mg | Potassium: 602.33mg | Fiber: 5.26g | Sugar: 10.53g | Vitamin A: 7039.1IU | Vitamin C: 22.9mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1.56mg