Baked Chicken Legs with Herbs and Lemon
Whole chicken legs are cheap, easy to roast up, and just plain delicious.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 People
- 4 whole chicken legs 2 1/2 pounds total
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce I used harissa paste, but you can use anything
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried, optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried, optional
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 lemon halved
Preheat the oven to 475°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet or baking pan large enough to hold the legs in a single layer with nonstick baking spray.
Blend the olive oil, harissa paste, oregano, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the chicken legs with the seasoned oil and place them skin side up in the baking sheet or pan. Bake for 40 minutes, until the skin is browned and crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and cut the drumsticks and thighs apart if desired. Squeeze the lemons over the chicken. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Calories: 392.07kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.58g | Protein: 27.04g | Fat: 29.45g | Saturated Fat: 7.57g | Cholesterol: 150.28mg | Sodium: 153.67mg | Potassium: 391.7mg | Fiber: 1.61g | Sugar: 0.86g | Vitamin A: 253.07IU | Vitamin C: 17.67mg | Calcium: 48.61mg | Iron: 2.04mg