Carrot, Cabbage and Kohlrabi Slaw with Miso Dressing
A slaw with a dressing that will remind you of those great Japanese restaurant dressings.
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 8 People
- 1 tablespoon chopped grated fresh ginger
- 1 shallot chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable canola or other neutrally flavored oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 6 large carrots peeled and cut into very thin matchsticks or shredded
- 1 kohlrabi peeled and cut into very thin matchsticks or shredded (about 1 cup)
- Toasted sesame seeds to garnish optional
In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, add the ginger, shallot, miso, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Pulse until well combined. Add the water, and puree until nicely blended.
Combine the cabbage, carrots and kohlrabi in a large serving bowl, drizzle over the dressing and toss. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds if using and serve.
Calories: 75.81kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.39g | Protein: 1.78g | Fat: 4.41g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 323.27mg | Potassium: 263.82mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sugar: 3.73g | Vitamin A: 7666.89IU | Vitamin C: 20.93mg | Calcium: 29.02mg | Iron: 0.48mg