Beet Berry Smoothie Bowl
Refreshing, clean, and rejuvenating.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 4 People
- 2 ½ cups plain whole milk Greek yogurt divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 jar Aunt Nellie’s Baby Whole Pickled Beets about 4 ounces, drained
- 6 cups frozen mixed berries plus more for topping the smoothie bowl
- 4 tablespoons honey or to taste, plus more for drizzling
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup granola or muesli
- 4 tablespoons cacao nibs
- ½ cup lightly crushed nuts of your choice
In zipper top bag, place 1/2 cup of the yogurt, plus the lemon juice and zest. Seal the bag and mush it all around until blended. Set aside.
In a blender combine 1 cup of the remaining yogurt with half of the beets, half of the berries and 2 tablespoons honey. Pulse until well mixed, using the plunger or a dowel of some sort to periodically press the mixture down so it can get fully blended, then process until smooth. Scrape down the sides and process again. Pour or scoop into two bowls (the mixture will be thick).
Repeat with the remaining yogurt, beets, berries and 2 tablespoons honey, and pour it into two more bowls.
Top as desired with the chia seeds, granola or muesli, cacao nibs, additional berries, and/or nuts. Snip a tiny corner off of the baggie with the lemon yogurt in it, and drizzle it over the smoothie bowl, along with a bit of additional honey. Eat while cold!
Calories: 542.54kcal | Carbohydrates: 73.5g | Protein: 21.85g | Fat: 21.24g | Saturated Fat: 4.65g | Cholesterol: 6.25mg | Sodium: 112.32mg | Potassium: 570.15mg | Fiber: 14.27g | Sugar: 45.76g | Vitamin A: 106.95IU | Vitamin C: 8.27mg | Calcium: 261.79mg | Iron: 3.36mg