Summer Whole Grain and Vegetable Salad
Servings: 6 People
- 1 cup cooked barley or farro
- 1 ½ cups halved yellow grape tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced summer squash green or yellow or a combination (if your squash is more than 1 1/2 inches in diameter, halve it lengthwise before slicing.)
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 8 scallions minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher or coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup slivered torn fresh basil leaves
In a large bowl combine the barley or farro, grape tomatoes, summer squash and arugula.
In a small bowl combine the scallions rice vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad, add the basil leaves and gently toss until everything is well combined. Serve cool or at room temperature.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 639IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg