Hot artichoke dips are not exactly revolutionary, but there are just so eternally great. This one is slapped with a dose of two different cheeses: Fontina, and Gouda spiked with Sriracha sauce. The rich dip is finished with a sparkly pop of lemon.
Swedish-style Fontina melts like a charm – this won’t be the only dip you’ll use it in (not to mention other creamy melty cheese dishes).
The Sriracha Gouda is a perfectly matched combo of sweet creamy Gouda laced with Sriracha sauce, which definitely brings the heat! The rind is ribbed with crushed red pepper flakes, taking it up another little notch (you can take it, I promise). The little red flecks also add bit of color to various recipes, especially when used in a pale, creamy sauce.
What to Serve with Artichoke Dip
Serve this luscious Spicy Cheesy Artichoke Dip with crackers or tortilla chips or raw vegetables. You can also scoop it on crostini. And it would be very cool to serve it with leaves of steamed large artichokes.
Where to Buy Grilled Artichokes
If you can find simply grilled artichokes in oil at a specialty foods counter, or a great antipasti/olive bar, buy them. They are a bit pricier, and you’ll want to blot them well with paper towels to remove the excess oil, but they add a lovely slightly smoky flavor to the dip. 1 pound is just right, and you can also chop the stems unless they are very tough.
Substitutions for Artichoke Hearts
Other things to add in, replacing some of the artichoke hearts: chopped spinach or baby kale, finely diced red bell pepper, diced toasted bell pepper, chopped hearts of palm. Or seafood: chopped shrimp or crabmeat, or clams.
The lemony cheese mixture is a great base for all kinds of add-ins, so once you get that whole hot dip notion under your belt, you’ll actually find it a great way to entertain with whatever you happen to have on hand.
Other Cheesy Dip Recipes:
- Parmesan Feta Spinach Dip
- Rosy Hot Goat Cheese and Sundried Tomato Dip
- Hot Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Dip
- Hot, Creamy Spinach and Goat Cheese Dip
- Hot Hatch Chile Dip
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Spicy Cheesy Artichoke Dip
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese regular or low fat
- ½ cup whole milk half-and-half, or heavy (whipping) cream
- ½ cup grated Roth Swedish-style Fontina
- ½ cup grated Roth Sriracha Gouda
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 scallions white and light green parts, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cans (7 ¾ ounces each) artichoke hearts drained, rinsed, and chopped
- kosher or coarse salt if needed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Stir together the cream cheese, milk, fontina, gouda, parsley, scallions, lemon zest, lemon juice, and black pepper in a medium-size bowl. Blend in the artichoke hearts. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow small baking dish and bake until bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. You may want to pass it under the broiler during last few minutes to give it a beautiful golden top. Serve hot.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved