Crostini usually make their appearance as an appetizer. They are merely little pieces of toast topped with anything from a nice brush of olive oil and salt to almost anything else on the planet. And since toast for breakfast isn’t exactly a new idea, what have we been waiting for?
You can make this with supermarket ricotta and it will be just fine. Delicious, even. But if you have access to fresh ricotta, do not even second guess making that extra stop because this crostini will be (off the charts? off the hook? very extra? what are the kids saying these days?) really really amazing.
A platter of these to kick off a brunch will make you look like a crazy thoughtful hostess.
One more thing….SPRING, SPRING, SPRING, SPRING! Hi, spring! How are you? What took you so long? Can you stay for a while? Like a really long time? Can I take my winter coat to the dry cleaners? Please let me know. Thanks.
Things to Make for Brunch:
Now, let’s discuss other crostini and bruschetta:
Ricotta Berry Breakfast Crostini
- 12 baguette slices cut on diagonal for more surface area
- ½ cup ricotta cheese if you can get fresh, it’s a beautiful thing
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup sliced strawberries or whole raspberries
- In a toaster or a preheated 350°F oven, toast the baguette slices until they are very lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the ricotta and honey. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the toasted bread slices, and evenly distribute the berries over the tops.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved