We are a big s’mores family. I’d say grilled pizza and s’mores are pretty much the defining foods of summer for my kids, and I think they have excellent taste. But sometimes it’s not summer, or you aren’t near a grill, or you just want to make the magical concept of s’mores appear in a different guise, with added flavors. S’mores fans; these Pretzel Peanut Butter S’mores Sandwiches are for you. Soft white bread is rolled a bit flatter, toasted with just a bit of melted butter brushed on top, then layered with chocolate, pretzels and marshmallows and warmed just until the chocolate and the marshmallows gets melty. In the immortal words of the philosopher Robin Thicke, you know you want it.
I’m excited to say these are being served as one of the official snacks of SXSW this week. I didn’t get to Austin, but my s’mores did.
More Peanut Butter Recipes:
- Molten Chocolate Peanut Butter Cakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
Pretzel Peanut Butter S’mores Sandwiches
- 8 pieces sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup small pretzels
- 2 1.55-ounce Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using a rolling pin or a wine bottle, or any other cylindrical kitchen object, lightly roll out the bread until it is about half the thickness. Place the bread on a cookie sheet, lightly brush the bread slices on the tops with melted butter. Toast the bread until it is lightly browned on top, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the pretzels into a zipper-top bag, seal it, and use the rolling pin (or whatever you have) to gently crush the pretzels. Break up each chocolate bar into small pieces.
- Remove the bread from the oven and turn it over, so the toasted and buttered side is down. Spread the mini marshmallows evenly on 4 of the bread slices, leaving them on the baking sheet. Spread 1 ½ teaspoons of peanut butter on each of the other 4 pieces of bread, returning them to the baking sheet. Sprinkle the peanut butter coated slices with about 1 tablespoon crushed pretzels per slice. Place ¼ of the chocolate pieces over each of the pretzel coated slices.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake until the marshmallows are soft, and the chocolate is melty, about 4 minutes. Place the chocolate covered slices on a cutting board. Flip each marshmallow-covered slice onto a chocolate slice. Cut each sandwich into 4 squares. Serve hot.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved