It’s Super Bowl week, which instantly translates to Hot Dip Week in our house. I just can’t properly articulate how much more we love a hot dip than a room temperature dip. And we love room temperature dips, please, do not misunderstand. But a hot dip….truly in a class by itself. This one contains kale, which may make you feel better, about the rest of it, but I just made it because I had a bunch of kale, and the green looks great in it, and yeah, it’s nice to have kale in there, sure why not.
Serve this Hot Cheesy Scallion Kale Dip with flat pretzel chips, or tortilla chips, pita chips, bagel crisps or crackers, and an array of vegetables.
More hot dips for your consideration!:
If you like hot dips, and you like pimento cheese, this just may be your Northstar Dip.
I usually like to cook and eat pretty healthily, but sometimes I like to just roll around in cream and butter and cheese.
The kind of thing you would order “for the table” without a moment’s hesitation.
I made this dip 7 times in 3 months – that’s how good it is.
The words “hot dip” seem to really get people’s attention.
And if you’re looking for more ways to get more kale into your world:
Hot Cheesy Scallion Kale Dip
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Add the scallions and sauté for 3 minutes until slightly tender. Add the kale and sauté for another 4 minutes until tender. Add the wine, and stir to loosen any bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pan; allow the wine to evaporate, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl, and add the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, cayenne, Gruyere and ½ cup Parmesan. Mix to blend completely, and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan over the top. Bake for about 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved