Hot Cheesy Scallion Kale DipKatie Workman cheese, dip, kale, scallion, super bowl
Serving Size: 8 to 10
It’s Super Bowl week, which instantly translates to Hot Dip Week in our house. I just can’t properly articulate how much more we love a hot dip than a room temperature dip. And we love room temperature dips, please, do not misunderstand. But a hot dip….truly in a class by itself. This one contains kale, which may make you feel better, about the rest of it, but I just made it because I had a bunch of kale, and the green looks great in it, and yeah, it’s nice to have kale in there, sure why not.
Serve this Hot Cheesy Scallion Kale Dip with flat pretzel chips, or tortilla chips, pita chips, bagel crisps or crackers, and an array of vegetables.
Hot Cheesy Scallion Kale Dip
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a shallow 1-quart baking dish.
2. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Add the scallions and sauté for 3 minutes until slightly tender. Add the kale and sauté for another 4 minutes until tender. Add the wine, and stir to loosen any bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pan; allow the wine to evaporate, about 2 minutes.
3. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl, and add the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, cayenne, Gruyere and ½ cup Parmesan. Mix to blend completely, and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan over the top. Bake for about 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.