Green Olive Dressing
We are olive fanatics in our house. I am aware that this isn’t the case for all. But here you are, looking at a recipe for green olive tapenade dressing, so I ‘m guessing you’re a fan. This is the kind of dressing you want to have around as often as possible — briny, salty — lemony, bright, robust…
It will turn ANYTHING into a better version of itself. Seamed, roasted, grilled, sauteed or raw vegetables. Fish prepared any way. Meat prepared any way. Poultry prepared any way.
And of course salads. Mixed green salads, vegetables salads, grain salads, tossed salads, composed salads. Here it is drizzled over roasted carrots:
Here is it drizzled over sliced ripe summer tomatoes:
Here it is over roasted chicken thighs!:
You get the drift.
This can be made with black olives as well — the only real piece of advice is stay away from water packed canned olives for this. I know they are convenient, and believe me I have a can around at all times for back up, but you won’t get the rich, layered flavor of making tapenade with canned olives that you will get from cured olives.
Green Olive Tapenade Dressing: This is the kind of dressing you want to have around as often as possible — briny, salty — lemony, bright, robust, and it goes with everything from chicken to vegetables.Tweet This
Drizzle Green Olive Tapenade Dressing Over:
Other Recipes with Olives:
- Green Olive Tapenade
- Herbed Roasted and Raw Tomato Salsa with Olives
- Tomato, Red Onion, Watercress, Feta and Olive Salad
- Pan-Seared Fish with Peppers and Caper-Olive Pesto
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Green Olive Tapenade Dressing
- ½ cup pitted oil cured green olives , such as Castelvetrano, Manzanilla or Picholine
- 1 anchovy , rinsed and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped coarse freshly parsley
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, approximately (depending on how lemony you want it)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the olives, anchovies, garlic, parsley, olive oil, capers, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is coarsely blended.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as desired. Continue to pulse or puree until the mixture is as coarse or fine as you like.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.