Leftover Chicken Piccata Pasta Salad
So, while I use leftover cooked chicken all kinds of ways, and certainly in chicken salad, it didn’t occur to me that a sauced chicken like Chicken Piccata would also be a good candidate for a chicken salad. I now think I may have missed many opportunities for repurposing leftover pan sauce chicken over the years. But life is long, so we can fix this.
In general I think chicken salad are best eaten at cool room temperature. And a chicken salad made from a chicken with some sauce involved definitely should be served that way, so the sauce can get looser and really coat the chicken and, in this case, orzo pasta.
Chicken Piccata Orzo Salad: Leftover chicken piccata becomes a springboard for a delicious salad that can be served warm or cool.Tweet This
What is Orzo?
Orzo is a tiny rice-shaped pasta, which I loved with cubes of this chicken piccata. You can use any pasta shape you like, though. You could also try cooked Israeli couscous instead of the orzo.
Warm Chicken Salad
And for a chicken and pasta dish like this, it also would be great warmed up. The microwave is fine for this; place a damp paper towel over the salad and heat it just until warm in a microwave safe bowl or plate. Or warm it in a covered baking dish in the oven, at 300°F for about 10 minutes.
Other Chicken Salad Recipes:
- Indonesian Chicken Salad – This is the salad for people who might not think a main-course salad is really a thing. (And if you’ve ever ordered Chinese Chicken Salad on a menu, this is for you.)
- Smoky Chipotle Chicken Salad – A little smoky heat and quite a bit of crunch.
- Chopped Salad with Chicken, Tomatoes and Lemon Thyme Dressing
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps – You can also keep the chicken salad as is, and skip the wrap part.
- Pasta Salad with Chicken and Chipotle Dressing
- Chicken Satay Salad – You will want to scoop up this peanutty chicken satay dressing with a spoon.
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Chicken Piccata Orzo Salad
- Kosher salt to taste
- ½ pound dried orzo
- 1 recipe Chicken Piccata , cut into 1-inch pieces, with the sauce, at room temperature
- Chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo according to package directions. Drain, and rinse with cool water briefly.
- Combine the cooked orzo and chicken piccata in a large bowl. Add the sauce, and toss to combine thoroughly. Serve cool, at room temperature, or warm in a bowl or shallow serving dish with additional parsley sprinkled on top.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved