Buffalo Turkey Burgers
Before I segue into my little tale, I will preface this by saying that when Jack bit into one of these he said, “I think this is one of the best things you have ever made.” This is a boy not at all prone to hyperbole, by the way. So read, the rest, don’t read the rest, but if you are looking for a good turkey burger, make the recipe.
Have you ever hosted a barbecue/grill party and yelled out into your crowd, “Who wants beef burgers? Who wants turkey burgers?” The response to the first question is usually resounding. The response to the second question is usually crickets.
I don’t get it. There are turkey burgers on the menus of restaurants all across the land, and restaurants don’t usually have items on them that don’t sell well. And for those of us who aren’t into red meat, but aren’t fully vegetarian, well….this is the go-to option, right? This is what stands in between a veggie burger and a beef (or lamb or bison) burger. This is the choice!
(And by the way, have you noticed that veggie burgers can actually get more takers than turkey burgers? I always find that a little weird, but there you have it.)
But here is why – many turkey burgers suck. Especially the ones that come pre-shaped into flat little patties – unless they are made with some really good ground turkey, some turkey with a bit of fat in it, they will probably taste dry and flat and highly unmemorable.
More imagination seems to be going into vegetarian burgers than turkey burgers these days. Which is great — if you want a veggie burger.
I love the idea of comfort-bar food at home, and these have that amazing buffalo-wing flavor.Tweet This
These Buffalo Turkey Burger Sliders could be a serious part of our regular rotation. They have that amazing buffalo flavor thing going on (pitch for Buffalo Chicken Chili here), with a quick dip in a little butter and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce bath. And then they are topped with a creamy blue cheese sauce. Other than that, they are in fact pretty simple, but these two little beats make all the difference.
One thing to note — the slider patties are pretty soft, so these aren’t actually great for the grill, much better in a pan. Also, be sure to get slider buns, because these would get totally lost in regular sized buns. If you like, before you cook up the burgers, toast the buns cut side down in the lightly oiled skillet, for about 1 minute over medium high heat.
And then, prepare to join the ranks of the turkey burger ambassadors, turning the skeptics around one at a time.
P.S. Try Chipotle Barbecue Turkey Burgers to keep the movement going.
Other Buffalo-Style Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Steaks
- Buffalo Chicken and White Bean Chili
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Buffalo Turkey Burger Sliders
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup minced onion red or yellow
- ⅓ cup Panko bread crumbs
- Coarse or kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Canola or vegetable oil for coating the pan
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 8 slider rolls
- In a small bowl combine the mayo, blue cheese and milk.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg, add the onion, bread crumbs, sat, pepper and mix well, then add the turkey and use your hands or a spoon to combine thoroughly. Form the mixture into 8 2-inch patties, and make a little indent in the center of each so that when they cook, and the middle swells out a bit, they will end up flat.
- Lightly oil a large skillet and cook the burgers over medium heat until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. While the burgers are cooking, combine the melted butter and hot sauce in a shallow bowl.
- After the burgers have cooked, dip each one on both sides into the butter-hot sauce mixture, and place on the bottom of a roll. Top with the blue cheese sauce and the top of the roll and serve warm.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved
Love these turkey burgers! They look full of flavor!! Love doing the #SummerSoiree with you :-)