Baking Chicken Thighs
Baking (or roasting) chicken thighs is my number one favorite way to prepare one of my number one cuts of chicken. The meat is almost always perfectly tender and moist, even if you leave it in the oven for extra time because of this, that, or the other. Sometimes even better. They reheat beautifully as well, the skin often getting even crisper with a second baking.
You can keep them plain and simple, with a light rub of olive oil and some salt and pepper. You can season them over the skin, under the skin, or both. You can stuff some good things under the skin. Bone-in, bone, out, pretty much always skin on (but not always). Chicken thighs are the most excellent dinner to make on any weeknight, and leftovers shredded can be repurposed into all kinds of other delicious things.
6 Baked Chicken Thigh Recipes
Here are 6 baked or roasted chicken thigh recipes to keep the dinner wheels turning.
Here are 10 simple sides to go with those chicken recipes!
- Summer Whole Grain and Vegetable Salad
- Caesar Salad with Garlicky Croutons
- Farro and Tomato Salad
- Endive, Radicchio and Citrus Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
- Creamed Kale with Parmesan
- Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes
- Carrot Fries with Sriracha Sauce
- Simple Vegetarian Spring Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower Tots
- Baked Squash with Chili and Maple Syrup