Pasta and Salmon Salad with Ramp Dressing
A springtime pasta perfect for a picnic, a buffet, or for a potluck.Print
Now that I’ve made a big batch of the Ramp Chimichurri Sauce, I can’t stop thinking about ways to use it. It’s a little obsessive to tell the truth, and I’m not sure how much longer my family will humor me, but for now they are indulging this little springtime addition. This would be nice on a picnic, a buffet, or for a potluck.
- 1 pound cavatelli or macaroni pasta, cooked drained and cooled
- 4 cups cooked salmon chunks (see Note)
- ¾ cup Ramp Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse or kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. If the pasta is sticking together at all, rinse it under cool water until it separates, then give it a shake to remove any excess water.
2. Toss the pasta in a large bowl with the chimichurri sauce and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Taste and season as needed. You can also add another tablespoon or two of olive oil if it needs additional moistening. Serve immediately or keep covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.